Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eccentric Billionaire

Dealing with wealthy people all day, I tend to spend a lot of time dreaming of being rich. Not just buy a range rover rich but Buy Land Rover as a company rich. To be a billionaire would be very interesting. You would be one of only a few people in the world to be able to say that you worked hard and as a result can do or buy absolutely anything you want, even islands or countries. The problem is though, I’m a little eccentric, and therefore wouldn’t buy things like land rover. I would, most likely be doing odd things just to pass the time.
My first order of business as an eccentric billionaire would be to rent billboards all along the highways of America. On these billboards I would put the harder letters of the alphabet game, you know, the game kids play to pass time in the car. You will inevitably get stuck on a Q or a Z at some point. With this system you would be driving down the road, 60 miles an hour, “X!” some little blond haired son of the mailman will shout. “It was just on that billboard!” as the parents are looking at each other thinking, “I wonder what that was an advertisement for?” and the dad thinking, “none of us have blond hair...”
And lets face it; I think I would have a fleet of Ferraris. Chris Evans, the British talk show host, has like 15 of them, and every last one is white. I like his thinking. I think I would get suits tailored to match my cars. I also think I would build a race track on some property just outside of town and hold a monthly raffle. It would cost 1 dollar or so to enter, just to cover expenses, and the winners would be taken out and allowed to just thrash around the track in the Ferrari of their choice. I think it would be a hit. I would also keep peacocks close a hand, just cause’ they are cool.
I might even hire a band, or at least a guy with a boom box to follow me around and play theme music everywhere I went. Of course he would have full benefits, a 401K and the works. He would play triumphant music when I walked in a room, tender inspirational music when I was telling my wife I love her, and something like chariots of fire when I was at the gym or running on the beach. My life would literally sound like a movie. Awesome.
The thing about being a billionaire is that you would most likely be very lonely. You would have no one to play with because no one has the same toys as you. Its like when you were a kid and your friends are all watching a movie that you’ve seen three times already. It gets boring. They do say that money doesn’t buy happiness, but all I’m asking is for the chance to prove the theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment