Thursday, January 14, 2010

In the begining...

I decided to start a blog simply because I'm bored. and I have some stories to tell, not that more than two people will ever read it. You may wonder at the title of my blog, and there is where I will begin.

When I was in second grade my parents decided that public school was no good and that I needed a good private education. I was promptly taken from my second grade class at Martin Luther King Elementary school and put into the loving and caring hands of the Catholic school system. (how do you convey sarcasm in a blog?) I was at Queen of Heaven for second and third grade, just enough time for my self esteem and view of God and religion to be so horribly skewed that at the young age of eight I was thinking of being atheist, or possibly Jewish so I could work in Hollywood.
Catholic School is a terrible place, a place like hell or New Jersey, except they preach it to you every day. The irony is they are trying to prevent hell by promising it. But enough about that, moving on to the lesbian nuns.
My second grade teachers were both nuns, kind of, they looked like nuns and dressed like nuns but they were not actually a part of the local convents or technically ordained, however they did live together in there own convent of sorts. I don't remember their names but If I did I would definitely tell you. These nuns were mean and hateful and had no problems ostracizing you in front of a full class. They came to school together and left together and in my little eight year old brain this was normal. It wasn't until I was older and until my mother confirmed my own suspicions that these women were a part of the GLBTQ community. I'm not sure which is funnier, the thought of lesbian nuns or the fact that the catholic church, which as you know always takes the moral high ground, (more sarcasm please) allowed this to go on in their school when it is so clearly against their belief system.
And you know what? Who cares, if it makes them happy it works, who am I to judge. I like eating Sour Patch Kids while bathing and that's equally as weird. But you can bet I will have more catholic school stories in the future.

So this is a blog of stories and other things that I like,and I would like to hear from you guys (meaning my mom and wife cause, lets face it, your the only ones reading). As the french critic Edmond de Goncourt said, A painting in a museum hears more ridiculous opinions than anything else in the world." with the possible exception of blogs and youtube videos, and I cant wait for some of your ridiculous opinions.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm interesting. I like it already. You'll be sure to know that at least one more family member (well by marriage, so not sure how much that counts) is reading your blog.

    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two cousins. Totally read it, very entertaining. Although I am at work so almost anything is more entertianing. But who can resist a URL like yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey im reading, and thats funny. I'm sorry about your upbringing. But hey, going to private Adventist schools has it quircks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blog much anymore. My last update was made before your blog was born, but I'm glad to read yours. ...3 cousins. Strange stories indeed.

    ReplyDelete