Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lofty Ambitions...

I'm sitting here at work, doing nothing because that's what I do at work, and I received an email about fun facts on the presidents. At the very end of the e-mail it said "who knows, maybe someday you could be president." and I started thinking, yea maybe someday i will be president. What would I do if i was the president? I think I would use every single bathroom, and there are 35 of them, and I would determine which one has the best water pressure and the best "seat feel". then I would exclusively use this bathroom for the rest of my term. I would also write into law that Mel brooks must make a new movie every six months for the entire four years of my presidency, and it better be good. Then I realized that this is exactly why I'm not president and why I will never be president. Because I'm more worried about water pressure than I am about Iraq.
On the same note I don,t think any of our current presidents have really cared about our country in the way that the great presidents of the past did. I mean can you really compare people like Lincoln and Roosevelt to George Jr. and Barack? No you cant, and here's why. they ALL are more interested in water pressure as well. Maybe not in the literal sense but overall they all have there own agendas. George Bush Jr was to busy trying to live up to his father and the result was a hole where Iraq used to be. Clinton was to busy trying not to look like a sissy in front of his wife, and got lucky riding the dot com boom. And Obama is to busy being the first black president, and as a result has spent every last doller or yen or whatever on the planet trying to prove hes a nice guy. no one is really thinking. At least I would be honest about my agenda. and I bet the water pressure int he oval office is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment